Certified Divorce Financial Analyst Services at The First
Why Hire a Certiﬁed Divorce Financial Analyst™ (CDFA®)?
A CDFA® specializes in the ﬁnancial issues surrounding your divorce. This ﬁnancial expertise helps you negotiate the best divorce settlement possible. Working with your attorney, we develop and prepare needed data to strengthen your case. Both the short and long-term impact of a proposed divorce settlement are prepared.
Why choose The First for these services?
The First has a wide range of ﬁnancial skills and resources to meet your individual needs. These assets provide the knowledge needed to save time and money. For example, we have a full-time dedicated tax professional as well as other specialized professionals. We have developed expertise and resources at a time when you need them the most.
What kind of information should I expect to receive?
Our goal is to work side-by-side with your attorney to develop the best possible divorce settlement. A clear picture of your current ﬁnancial situation is vital. Projections of your ﬁnancial future will add clarity during this difﬁcult time. We work to provide professional and discreet advice, recognizing the demands and difﬁculties involved with divorce.
What information do I need to provide?
- Financial afﬁdavits for both parties (income and expenses).
- At least three years of income tax returns.
- At least one year of all bank statements, credit cards and brokerage accounts.
- Employee beneﬁt/retirement information.
- Information regarding your house mortgage and any other real estate.
- Most recent paycheck stubs for both parties.
- Any other documents that would have a bearing on ﬁnancial situation.
What will this advice and information cost?
The average case involves about ten hours of analysis. Extra charges involve business evaluations, real estate appraisals and unique asset evaluations.
What we will NOT provide:
- Legal advice.
- We will not provide our services if you have not obtained legal counsel.
- Financial advice does not replace the need for legal representation in the divorce process.
For more information, contact:
Vice President/Trust Ofﬁcer/CDFA®
Print this page