As parents age, the need often arises for adult children to get involved in managing care and financial issues. This is typically new territory for everyone and can be difficult to navigate. Experts agree, open communication is key; they recommend the following approach:
- Schedule a meeting and take this task seriously.
- Prepare an outline of items requiring discussion.
- Do your best to keep emotions in check.
- Make it a two-way conversation.
- Consider using outside resources where needed.
The Trust & Wealth Management team at The First is a valuable source for knowledge, resources, and services in this area. When financial assets of $250,000 or more are involved, turn to the professionals. Contact the Trust & Wealth Management team at 215-968-4872. Protect your parents and their assets. Schedule a meeting for this needed conversation today!