First Time Homebuyer
The First National Bank, with locations throughout Bucks County, has great rates and knowledgeable mortgage officers to guide you along the way. Owning your own home may be a lot easier than you imagined thanks to our First-Time Homebuyer Program. With the First-Time Homebuyer Program from The First, qualified individuals and families with a limited income can purchase a home with as little as 5% down! You can speak with a mortgage specialist at The First any time by calling 215-579-3410.
|Features and Eligibility Guidelines|
|Homeownership:||To be eligible, you must not have owned a home in the past three years.|
|Maximum House Price:||$292,685|
|Minimum Down Payment:||5%|
|Maximum Term:||30 years|
|Interest Rates:||Call for more information|
|Maximum Income:||Number of Family Members||Eligible Income|
|1||$62,692 or less|
|2||$71,614 or less|
|3 or more||$80,656 or less|
The percentage of your monthly payments for the mortgage (including taxes and insurance) may not exceed 33% of your monthly gross (before tax) income. All monthly debt including mortgage related payments plus consumer debt payments (i.e., credit cards, car loans/leases, student loans, personal loans) may not exceed 38% of your monthly gross income.
Credit Counseling Center:
Because buying a home is one of the most important decisions you will ever make, The First requires all First-Time Homebuyer Program applicants to attend a credit counseling program. The program is conducted by the Credit Counseling Center located in Richboro, PA and is designed to make you a more informed consumer so that you are better prepared to handle the financial responsibility of owning a home. For more information, call the Credit Counseling Center at 215-396-1880.
Private Mortgage Insurance:
Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) enables The First to lower its down payment requirement. By including PMI premium in the monthly mortgage payment, you can buy your home with a very low down payment!
Am I Eligible?
Answer these simple questions!
- If you owned a home in the past three years, you are not eligible.
- Is the purchase price of the home $292,685 or less?
- Is the purchase in Bucks County or do you work in Bucks County?
- Does your family annual income fall within the following guidelines?
- One family member with an income of $62,692 or less
- Two family members with an income of $71,614 or less
- Three or more family members with an income of $80,656 or less
If you answered Yes to all of the above questions:
Congratulations! You are eligible for the First-Time Homebuyer Program.
Your next step should be to contact The First’s Mortgage department and we will make an appointment for you to apply. You can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 215-579-3410 and ask for the Mortgage department.
If you answered No to any of the above questions, we are sorry, but you are not eligible for the First-Time Home Buyer Program. You may, however, qualify for one of The First’s other attractive mortgage programs; call 215-579-3410 to find out
What Should I Bring with Me When I Apply?
Although each application may differ slightly, it will speed up your application process if you bring the following items with you when you apply:
- Copy of the real estate agreement of sale signed by both the buyer and seller.
- Income verification for the past three years (ie. IRS 1040 forms) and a recent paystub. If you own your own business, please bring your complete personal and corporate tax returns for the three most recent years.
- Information for all credit cards and installment debt including the creditors’ names and your account numbers, current balances and monthly payments.
- Past two bank statements from an outside financial institution.
Print this page